Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce
10 soft taco shells (depending on size of the shell you may not be able to make exactly 10)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used precooked fajita strips and just shredded it myself)
2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
3 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Flour
2 c. Chicken Broth
1 c. Sour Cream
1 4 oz. can Green Chilies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup of cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in the pan
3. In a sauce pan, melt the butter, stir in flour and cook 1 min. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in Sour Cream and chilies. do not bring to a boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over Enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min. and then under high broil for 3 min. to brown the cheese.