Pages


Friday, December 7, 2012

He asked, and I said yes!

I know I haven't posted in awhile but life has just really busy! A lot has happened since the last time I posted as you can probably guess from the title of this blog post. August 31, 2012 was just like any other ordinary Friday filled with classes and homework. My wonderful boyfriend decided to take me on a date but little did I know the surprise that would come later. We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Applebee's which consisted of an appetizer of mozzarella sticks, and we both ordered the Three Cheese Chicken Penne as our entree. After dinner we drove back to campus, with it being Labor Day weekend we didn't want to fight with the crowds downtown. Once we got back we went on a walk down by the river. Chris embraced me in a hug from behind while we admire God's creation and enjoyed the spectacular view of the river. After a few minutes of silence, Chris asks me this question: "Are you ready to get married?" I just stood there not knowing how to respond. He then said, Will you marry me? I was like wait, what!? Chris then said "I guess I should do this the right way." So he began to get down on one knee and pulled a small black box out of his pocket, (at this point I was in shock and speechless) all I was able to do hold out my hand, no words came out of my mouth. He then put the ring on my finger, we gave each other big hugs and thus began the texting and many phone calls to family and friends!

I can't even begin to express how happy I am! It is more than I could have ever dreamed of! I am so excited to see what God has in store for our future together! In the meantime we will try to keep everyone informed about our wedding plans! We can't wait to share the special day and next chapter in our lives with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment